Sources say the SAG-AFTRA deal consists of larger minimal wages for background actors and AI protections

Estimated read time 1 min read

Particulars of how the remaining stay streamers might be paid are additionally included within the preliminary deal, which introduces a brand new mannequin during which the highest 20% of stay streamers will obtain a 75% enhance of their remaining quantities, with the opposite 25% going right into a fund managed by the 2 teams, sources mentioned. .

SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP didn’t instantly reply to requests for remark Thursday.

The union’s Nationwide Council will evaluate the preliminary settlement on Friday, when extra particulars are anticipated to be revealed.

Tens of hundreds of actors represented by the union took to picket traces on July 14 after they have been unable to agree on a brand new contract with AMPTP, which negotiates for studios and streaming companies. (The commerce group represents Comcast, which owns NBC Information.)

The Writers Guild of America, a union representing Hollywood screenwriters that additionally went on strike, reached its tentative settlement with AMPTP in September.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours